[Mailman-Users] Incoming messages are not received in Mailman + Postfix

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 15:30:34 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 18:50 -0500, roy vinner wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I am having a problem with receiving any mail by the web server. On the
> other hand, outgoing mail is deliver okay. I suspect that it may be due
> to a misconfigured postfix.

I'm sorry, but this does not make sense, perhaps its vocabulary. One
never receives mail via a web server. I think what you're trying to say
is that if someone attempts to send mail to your SMTP server (postfix)
it fails, correct? If so make sure your SMTP server is listening for
outside connectons:

inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost

Make sure your local_recipient_maps is correctly configured, you can
turn it off this way for now:

local_recipient_maps =

Make sure your firewall is passing port 25 (SMTP)

Then from another machine try this (replace mymachine.mynetwork with
your DNS address):

% telnet mymachine.mynetwork.com 25

Does postfix answer?
--