[Mailman-Users] User unknown new error

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Sun Jul 24 16:03:34 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Fleming" <john at wa9als.com>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] User unknown new error

> This list used to work, and now it has a problem that I have found some
> threads about, but I still can't fix it - Not to mention, I don't know why
> it used to work and now it doesn't!  Here's the msg received back after
> trying to post to the list:
>
> The original message was received at Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:09:59 -0400
> from vsat-148-64-5-87.c050.t7.mrt.starband.net [148.64.5.87]
>
>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> <orapormestre at impactoveneto.org>
>    (reason: 550 <orapormestre at impactoveneto.org>: Recipient address
> rejected: User unknown in local recipient table)
>
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to wa9als.com.:
> <<< 550 <orapormestre at impactoveneto.org>: Recipient address rejected: User
> unknown in local recipient table
> 550 5.1.1 <orapormestre at impactoveneto.org>... User unknown
> <<< 554 Error: no valid recipients
>
> Is this an alias issue, and if so, how to fix?  Or permissions?  And
> why/how
> could it change without my input???  Many thanks!  - John

More info - List was quiet yeterday, and I took the newbie approach and
simply recreated the list and now that list is OK.  BUT, now another list,
that was working yesterday, has developed the same problem, yet others are
still fine!  How could this problem crop up in an unpredictable way?  And
how to fix?

Tnx agn - John