[Mailman-Users] Config problem - hostname issues

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Mon Jul 18 20:39:54 CEST 2005

I'm having a problem with the mailman (2.1.5) configuration.

In our setup, we are utilizing an external proxy to serve the
connections via an internal host.   Therefore, the mailman configuration
must reflect the external hostname for it to work properly.

I've set up in the mm_cfg.py:

    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'externalhost.com'
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.externalhost.com'

as well as the ServerName in httpd.conf for www.externalhost.com.

Yet, still, the URLs in the resulting admin page from mailman have:

    http://the.internalhost.name.com/path/to/mailman/admin/listname

I'm stumped.   I tried using DEFAULT_HOST_NAME in mm_cfg.py to override
this, to no avail.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.