[Mailman-Users] Problems upgrading to Fedora4

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 16:56:29 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:25 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Finn Sindre Eliassen wrote:
>
> >I've upgraded from Fedora 2 to FC4 and  and are  using mailman version
> >2.1.35. It works fine, except for one thing;   the  old list members are
> >gone. How can I retrieve them?
>
> The location of the $prefix/lists/ directory changed from Fedora 2 to
> FC4. You have to find the old lists/<listname>/ directories and move
> them to the new location.
>
> You probably have to do the same for archives/

I replied to the original poster (not sure it made it to this list) and
altered him to the fact there is a migration script
in /usr/share/doc/mailman-*/contrib/migrate-fhs that will tell you what
needs to be moved and move (and/or copy) it for you. Also
in /usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT is documentation on the
directory structure and the script.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>