[Mailman-Users] Spam from Mailman

Ken Carter KCarter at shelbyed.k12.al.us
Mon Jul 18 16:45:13 CEST 2005

Has anyone else found what appears to be spam messages coming from your
MailMan?

Our lists are closed.  That is to say, only the list administrators can
post message to them.  Last week, one list admin sent out a notice to
the list they administrate and all were delivered intact, except for one
recipient.  In this one recipients case, the message came with a spam
message selling books!

So, one list posting, multiple recipients, one out of the list got a
different message that was spam.

Trying to track this down but because we didn't get the message we are
having a hard time tracking it backwards to verify the source of the
message.

Ken Carter
Network Administration, Shelby County Schools
410 East College Street, Columbiana, AL 35051
(205) 682-5829 Voice, (205) 682-7094 FAX