[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.6 slowness...?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Jul 16 03:24:22 CEST 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	Hmm.  Actually, I think you may be on the right track, but not
> with regards to load average.  The more recent versions of sendmail
> will also allow only so many simultaneous connections open, and that
> can also be a bottleneck.  Proper tuning of SMTP_MAX_RCPTS is
> definitely something you want to look at -- too large can hurt you,
> as can too small.

I was definitly thinking of load averages, sendmail will reject connections
if the LA is too high. Look at "O QueueLA" and "O RefuseLA" in the .cf and
look for rejected connections messages in the log.

Just for interest... http://dbaron.org/linux/sendmail-on-rheet

z!
who hasn't actually run sendmail for quite a while and may be spouting
complete BS