[Mailman-Users] List performance and server size

Dave Beckstrom dbeck at atving.com
Wed Jul 13 18:03:41 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm considering Mailman and I have been reading the FAQ and archives in
search of an answer to my questions.

I didn't have much luck and thought I would ask here.

I have a client who needs to send out about 50,000 emails once a month via a
one-way list.

I'm considering installing Mailman on a Dell server with a 2.8 ghz Xeon
processor, 1 GB ram and one 160 GB SATA IDE Hard drive.

The OS would be FreeBSD.

I'm not terribly strong in 'nix but I do have some experience with OpenBSD
and I'm generally good at figuring out new things.

Does anyone foresee any performance problems with my configuration?  Will I
have a lot of trouble installing Mailman on FreeBSD versus some other OS?

Thanks for your help!