[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman 2.1.6b4

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 18:46:10 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 12:08 -0400, Darren G Pifer wrote:
> Thanks for the information. You are correct, I have not seen
> anything in the Apache logs, however, I have not seen anything
> logged to mailman's logs either.
>
> Is there a way to disable stealth mode? I know this could cause
> security implications but may need to do this temporarily to
> find and fix the problem. We will be upgrading to Mailman
> 2.1.6 in the next week but am not feeling that this will
> fix the problem.

You may want to read the doc here: http://www.list.org/faq.html and
search for STEALTH.

I spoke in error, the local logging is not to your mailman error log but
rather to syslog. Please note syslog is handled differently on different
systems, you may have to tweak your syslog configuration to log the
mailman errors.

The only way I know of to disable STEALTH_MODE is to change its
hardcoded setting in the "driver" script, you will have to locate this
file and edit it. However, if you can, it really would be better to get
your syslog working, you do want these errors logged and it really is
better to keep sensitive information out of the public eye.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>