[Mailman-Users] web configuration interface

Michael Gmail mgrant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:35:56 CEST 2005

Howdy folks! I hope this isn't too much of a dumb newbie question.

I've got Mailman running (pre-installed) on Mac OS X Tiger, and list
messages are being delivered, but I'd like to do some configuration
that isn't available through the Server Admin interface. Mailman
seems to think the configuration web pages are in the http://
mail.bdanube.net/mailman/ directory path, but I can't connect there.
I have public DNS records for bdanube.net and www.bdanube.net, but
for mail.bdanube.net I have only an MX record, not an A record. I can
access the mailman pages by replacing mail.bdanube.net with the
server's LAN IP address in the browser's address bar, but internal
links on the pages are broken too (I can kinda-sorta get them to work
by saving the pages and editing them to change the link href's), and
my admin password is always rejected when I try to log into the
config page. I'm hoping that's due to the domain-name problem and not
still another unrelated glitch.

So what do I do now? Do I have to reconfigure Apache, or set up a
local DNS server, or request a public A record for mail.bdanube.net,
or what? I've looked at Apple's Tiger Server documentation as well as
the online Mailman documentation linked from it, but so far I'm
coming up empty.

Many thanks in advance,
Michael

--
<http://globalocal.blogspot.com>

The post office delivers trash, and the city takes it away....