[Mailman-Users] Problems with Mailman on Fedora Core 3 system

Matt Singerman matt.singerman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:03:39 CEST 2005

Hello,

So our old list server died, and I opted to switch from OpenBSD to
Fedora for the new one.  This is a brand-new system with nothing weird
or complex on it, yet.  It is running Fedora Core 3 (I know, FC4 is
out, but I had this sitting around).  I downloaded the latest Mailman
RPM after installing Linux.  Mailman appears to be working by itself;
at least I can access the webpages for the test list I created.
Sendmail (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the default MTA for the
RPM) is installed and working - I am able to send emails via Pine -
but I don't even think it's getting that far.  Any emails sent to the
test list don't make it there at all.  They're not being sent out to
the members, and don't make it into the archives.  Any suggestions on
where I should be looking to correct this?  Or even better, if someone
knows the exact source of this problem and can list off exact commands
to fix it, that'd be even better :)

Thanks,

Matt