[Mailman-Users] postfix and mailman issues

Michael GIbbs mike at gibbs-family.org
Fri Jul 1 06:40:00 CEST 2005

Ivan,

    I have the right .db files in /usr/local/mailman/data, as I did run
genaliases.  I get no errors wihle running it.

As for my alias_map settings I have this:

#  Map config Settings
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases

# Virtual config Settings
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

After rerunning genaliases and restarting everything, I get this error,
which seems to still be rewriting the domain name:

Jul  1 00:31:51 mail postfix/smtp[10936]: 53E73340187:
to=<gamer at gibbs-family.org>, orig_to=<gamer at washingtongamers.org>, r
elay=mail.gibbs-family.org[204.157.3.80], delay=0, status=bounced (host
mail.gibbs-family.org[204.157.3.80] said: 550 5.1.1
 <gamer at gibbs-family.org>... User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Do I need to add to the top of virtual-mailman:

washingtongamers.org      IGNORE

/etc/postfix/virtual contains washingtongamres.org aliases not related
to the mailing list?  Could this be causing the problem?

Mike