[Mailman-Users] Is it possible to set up and run Mailman without root access?

bill.bruns at prodigy.net bill.bruns at prodigy.net
Sun Jan 30 22:20:57 CET 2005

Hi folks,
Is it possible to set up and run Mailman 2.1.5 without root access?

This is on a shared Linux server where we have access to only one user, and
do not want to give RW access to other users.
So in addition to not having root, we don't want to use the 02775
permissions.  Ideally we would run with just 705 permissions.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of environment?
It seems to me that there must be other folks out there who have a hosting
service that is shared and that restricts root access.
I hope you'll share your experience.

Thanks
Bill