[Mailman-Users] Interference from Cpanel mailman?

Glen Low glen.low at pixelglow.com
Fri Jan 28 10:45:00 CET 2005

On 28/01/2005, at 12:39 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> ========
>>
>> It's all very puzzling since the thelist-request obviously got through
>> the system!
>
> It puzzles me too, but it looks like the MTA that generated it is at
> ESC13.midphase.com and is Exim 4.43.
>
> I don't know if this is coming into play here, but Exim can be
> configured to automatically recognize Mailman addresses and do the
> piping without explicit aliases. If this is the cPanel web host (also
> running Mailman) that you refer to, that's likely what's happening
> here. There is an Exim configuration document at
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html which you might look at to
> see if there might be a way to let Exim do its Mailman thing in
> general and not do it for your lists.

Sorry for the noise -- it seems I had tried to configure a mailing list
of the same name with cpanel, but didn't succeed and it left forwarders
in those names to the Cpanel mailman. I've rectified it with the web
host and everything's hunky-dory now.

Cheers, Glen Low

---
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
www.pixelglow.com