[Mailman-Users] Disappearing SPAM filters

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 27 00:46:20 CET 2005

Hi,

Steve Burling wrote:

> Mail to our mailman lists is pre-processed by Brightmail, which inserts
> a header of the form "X-Spam-Flag: YES".  If we, from the admin web
> interface, go to Privacy options->Spam filters, and add a Spam Filter
> Rule for that header pattern, with an action of delete, and save the
> changes, they appear to be correctly saved, but if we then return to
> that page some time later, the rule has mysteriously disappeared.
>
> Any idea why this would be happening?
>
> Mailman 2.1.4, running on Solaris, for what it's worth.

This bug was fixed in 2.1.6(b2). From the NEWS:

     - Bugs and patches: 955381 (older Python compatibility),
1020102/1013079/
       1020013 (fix spam filter removed), 665569 (newer Postfix bounce
       detection), 970383 (moderator -1 admin requests pending), ...

1020102/1013079/1020013 were the entry numbers in SourceForge Bug/Patch
trackers.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please try upgrade to 2.1.6b2 from:
     http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1.6b2.tgz

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/