[Mailman-Users] Mailman list failing intermittently

Tracey McCartney tracey at fairhousing.com
Wed Jan 26 05:40:15 CET 2005

Hi:

Newbie to this list, but I've been using Mailman for a couple of years now.  I have NEVER had any trouble with it and recommend it to everyone who asks.

I have several Mailman lists running on a Cpanel hosting service (Total Choice Hosting - good company).  Today, or perhaps starting yesterday, messages to one of my lists simply stopped, for the most part, going through.  Occasionally throughout the day one has made it through, but it might be the third attempt to send the message.  In other words, it's an intermittent issue, with it mostly NOT working.

I *think* but am not sure that some subscribers are getting some of the mails.  But others most certainly are not, including myself.  I have two addresses subscribed and am not getting most of the messages at either address.

Until tonight, I didn't keep archives, but I started one for testing purposes.  At least one of the messages I sent to the list made it into the archive but never made it back to me.

The techs at my hosting service are good but may not know all the subtleties of this program.  Can any of you suggest things we should be looking at?  Do I have access to any logs?

Thanks,

Tracey