[Mailman-Users] make global change to list template?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 25 19:00:19 CET 2005

John T. Jones wrote:

>Is there a way to make a global edit to the list signature (the part I
>want to edit comes at the very end of each message, the part about
>getting a password reminder, unsubscribing, etc.)? I've taken over the
>management of several list and I'd like to change the email address to
>mine -- on all the list.  I have looked in the templates directory and
>the administrative interface but I don't see a way to change the email
>address.

If what you are talking about is the stuff that looks like this

on posts from this list, it's in the administrative interface. It is
msg_footer and digest_footer found respectively on the admin
Non-digest options and Digest options pages.

It might be preferable to put <listname>-owner at ... or maybe
<site-list>-owner at ... (where <listname> and <site-list> are the actual
names) or maybe %(list_name)s-owner@%(host_name)s instead of your own
e-mail address. That way, when changes are made to owner or moderator,
the new addresses will get the mail without changing the footer again.