[Mailman-Users] newbie permission problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 25 17:51:07 CET 2005

Julie S. Lin wrote:

>Just installed mailman, command line works beautifully
>however when I try to use the web interface to create a list
>i get  Error: You are not authorized to create new mailing lists

There is only one way that message is issued and that is when the
password entered in the "List creator's (authentication) password:"
field at the bottom of the form does not match either the site
password or the list creator password as set by bin/mmsitepass.

If you are providing one of these two passwords and still get the
error, then I don't know why.