[Mailman-Users] Problems with Reply-All

Mark Sapiro msapiro.at.value.net at mail.value.net
Tue Jan 25 06:51:17 CET 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Another approach would be to set
>
>OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes
>
>in mm_cfg.py and then enable full personalization (on the Non-digest
>options page) for the list which will replace the list address in To:
>with the recipient's address. This only works for regular posts, not
>for digests and incurs a big performance penalty as each recipient
>message must be sent individually.

I just looked at the code, and the above won't work to "hide" the list
address from reply-all. In fact, when list delivery is "fully
personalized" and the recipient address is placed in the To: header,
the list address is put in the Cc: in order that reply-all will
include the list. Thus, my first suggestion is all I can think of at
the moment that will work.