[Mailman-Users] Problem while trying to add to non-memberauto-accept

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 24 18:52:47 CET 2005

Michael Wollschleager wrote:

>I am the campus administrator for our Mailman installation.  One of the
>lists we have setup has a large amount of names in the non-member
>auto-accept field.  When trying to add another name, the error below
>appears.  Is there a limit on the number of names that can exist in
>this field?

<snip>

>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
>of
>this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
>happened. Thanks!
>
>Traceback:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
>     main()
>   File "/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 169, in main
>     change_options(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
>   File "/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 1222, in
>change_options
>     gui.handleForm(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
>   File "/local/mailman/Mailman/Gui/GUIBase.py", line 152, in handleForm
>     doc.addError(
>   File "/local/mailman/Mailman/htmlformat.py", line 340, in addError
>     self.AddItem(Header(3, Bold(FontAttr(
>TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

There actually is a bug in addError (see report at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1099840&group_id=103&atid=100103
and see "line 334" in
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/Mailman/htmlformat.py?r1=2.18&r2=2.18.2.3
for fix).

The problem that triggers the bug is you have an e-mail address in the
list which is deemed invalid and that address happens to contain a '%'
character.