[Mailman-Users] mailman on RHAS3

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Jan 20 20:47:35 CET 2005

8><----

> I have created the mailman list using newlist successfully (as far as I can tell)
> and mailman is running as "service mailman status" shows a PID and
>  ps aux |grep mailman shows 9 processes, 8 of which are runners.

Sure sounds to me like mailman is running fine. I assume aside from
creating the mailman list and checking process status you've verified
mailman you can send and receive mail to a test list and that your web
server is serving mailman cgi correctly.

I suspect your problems may lie with webmin, perhaps a webmin user list
would be better able to answer your questions.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Thanks,

but using the "genuine" mailman rpm and webmin module I get workable results. So all I have changed is to the RH mailman.rpm, so more logically, the problem lies with,

1) RH's rpm being different in some way
2) Ive missed something while configuring.
3) Ive missed installing some essential dependancy for webmin.

Since webwin's module is extreamely simple ie a file pointing to the newlist, rmlist, aliases and newaliases I am tending to look at diffences in permissions, the user it runs as or something along these lines, ie something RH has customised. It may not be this, but I need to eliminate this in order to be confident its 2) or 3).

:}

Re: testing, I am trying to create a test list using webmin at present to test, hence these posts.

regards

Steven