[Mailman-Users] mm_cfg.py and Creating new lists

Pantejo, Barbara FTL BPantejo at citco.com
Wed Jan 19 18:19:49 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the mailman admin world and am having an issue with creating new
mailing lists from remote systems. I think it has to do with the mm_cfg.py
file, but I'm not sure. Currently, in the mm_cfg.py file is set with the
following:
   DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'listman.citco.com'
   DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'citco.com'
Then I stopped and restarted the qrunner daemon.
Also, the hostname, listman.citco.com, is listed in the hosts file with its
associated IP address, 120.120.2.213.

I can, successfully, create new mailing lists, locally, on the mailman
server itself with this URL:   http://listman.citco.com/mailman/create
but, when I bring up a browser on another machine and use the same URL, I
get the following error:   "The page cannot be displayed"

>From another machine, I can bring up the web page using the IP address in
the URL:     http://120.120.2.213/mailman/create
but, when I try to create a new mailing list, I get the following error:
"Error: Unknown virtual host: 120.120.2.213"

But if I change mm_cfg.py with:
   DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = '120.120.2.213'
I can create new mailing lists from a remote machine, but now I cannot
create new mailing lists locally! Help!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

Thank you very much,
Barbara