[Mailman-Users] AssertionError

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Wed Jan 19 15:13:44 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:11:26PM +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 10:42 AM +0000 2005-01-19, John Poltorak wrote:
>
> >>  Since you're porting to OS2 which does not to the best of my knowledge
> >>  support UNIX filesystems you'll have to rewrite this code.
> >
> >  I thought Mailman was supposed to be platform independent... I didn't have
> >  this particular problem with v2.0.13 but I guess this must be some thing
> >  new related to mailmanctl.
>
> 	I believe that it is platform independent to a degree, but I
> don't know that OS/2 was ever considered to be officially part of
> that degree.

It probably wasn't but I can build the latest version of Zope which is
also a Python app without requiring any source code changes at all, and
Zope is a pretty complex app.

> Certainly, you're the only person I've ever encountered
> who has discussed using Mailman on OS/2.

I don't doubt it. Maybe I'm the only OS/2 user who has recognised the
quality of Mailman and would also like to use it without having to change
platforms ;-)... I've been running Majordomo for several years but am
desperate to move to something more feature rich.

If anyone can suggest what I can do about the Assertion error I will try
to patch my code. It would a shame to pack up at this point since I do
have so much of the package working already.

--
John