[Mailman-Users] Messages being archived but not sent

Samuel Gabel samuel at haader.com
Wed Jan 19 14:26:36 CET 2005

I did see that faq article and actually went trough all of these things.
8 qrunner-processes plus the mailmanctl are running, cron is running,
even though i don't think it is necessary for the newer versions.
Check_perms reports no errors. /var/log/mail shows postfix to give the
messages to the command '/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post lbf'
In /var/lib/mailman/logs/post i can not see anything of any mail i send,
i only see post from list-bounces or list-request failing.
in /logs/smtp-failures it tries to send mails to the subscribers but
always gets failures like:
Jan 19 11:16:52 2005 (27278) delivery to samuel at blabla.com failed with
code 554: <samuel at blabla.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied
In /logs/bounces it registers the of course bounced messages to the
subscribers.
Also the messages get archived. I do not see anything in the /qfiles/in
or /out folders, but i also don't know if anything is meant to stay in
there.
To me it seems like there is a problem with the connection back from
mailman to postfix, but i don't know what to do from there. Postfix is
running and listening on ports 25 and 10025, but i cannot see any
activity from mailman trying to send in the postfix logs.

Please help

thanks

samuel