[Mailman-Users] alias file

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Jan 18 19:51:53 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 12:11:49PM +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 10:00 AM +0000 2005-01-18, John Poltorak wrote:
>
> >  Is there any way to update an alias file automatically when running
> >  newlist?
>
> 	Well, if you're running sendmail, you could automate alias
> generation using the same mechanism as is supported with postfix.
> For postfix, see the README.POSTFIX file that comes with the Mailman
> source code tarball, for sendmail see
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.049.htp>.

Is the addition of these lines to mm_cfg.py all that is essentially
required:-  ?

MTA='Postfix'
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/bin/sudo /usr/local/sbin/mailman.aliases'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = []

So basically I'm pretending to be running Postfix instead of Sendmail and
telling Mailman where to put the newly created aliases.

What is the last line for?

--
John