[Mailman-Users] Permission denied

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Tue Jan 18 14:55:43 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 01:10:38PM +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 11:44 AM +0000 2005-01-18, John Poltorak wrote:
>
> 	So, errno=13 is definitely being passed up by the OS to Mailman,
> which is correctly interpreting this to mean that some
> file/filesystem permission was denied to it.
>
> 	As to exactly what that means in your particular context, it's
> hard to say.  I'd go looking at permissions and ownership of
> everything from /usr/local/mailman on down, and try running the
> program /usr/local/mailman/bin/check_perms.

It won't be anything to do with file ownership, because the concept does
not exist on the platform I'm using. It probably means that some other
process is using the file at the time...

> >  I don't know much about Python but I'd just like to try this os.unlink in
> >  isolation. What would my Python program need to include?
>
> 	All this routine will do is pass the filename to the system call
> "unlink()", and handle the glue necessary to make the translation
> to/from C and Python.  I don't think that there's anything useful to
> test here.

Well I guess I need to dip my toes in the water regarding Python at some
time... How do I put a pause in the program at this point? I don't even
know how to code a 'print' statement..

--
John