[Mailman-Users] unknown mailer error 1041

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Jan 17 14:14:09 CET 2005

At 1:30 PM +0100 2005-01-17, Brad Knowles wrote:

>>   Yes, I realise it could be due to countless reasons, but I'd like to know
>>   what the 1041 means.
>
>  	This number is not found anywhere in the Mailman source code, so it
>  would have to be something internal to Python, or something that was
>  passed up through Python and Mailman over to sendmail.  I'll see if I
>  can check the Python source code to see if this number is found
>  anywhere in there, but I don't hold out much hope.

	I checked through the Python 2.3.4 source code, and found this
number within a few data arrays in Modules/unicodedata_db.h and
Modules/unicodename_db.h, but not in any place where I believe they
would be a value that could be returned by Python to a program.

	I don't know where this number is coming from or what it means,
but I think you should look in the files under
/usr/local/mailman/logs and see if you can find anything there that
is out of the ordinary.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755