[Mailman-Users] Temporary local failure

Ross Anderson rosander at owbn.org
Sun Jan 16 21:40:13 CET 2005

I've got a configuration question that I've been unable to resolve and I
was hoping someone here could assist.

Here's the config

Postfix w/mysql for virtual delivery to Cyrus-imap.

Mailman for multiple virtual domain lists.

Postfix is in a dual injection mode where it hands messages off to
amavis-new.

Sometimes the local users are deleted and yet they are not removed from
the mail man list right away. What occurs is a temporary delivery error
and the messages destin for the now removed users hang in the que. For
some reason they are just laying there in the postfix que and never seem
to get processed properly by mailman as a bouncing user. Postfix options

unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 550

are engaged.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

Ross Anderson