[Mailman-Users] Fetchmail? + mailmain + SMTP on different servers

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Wed Jan 12 14:30:10 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:05:25PM +0800, Glen Low wrote:
> I want to set up a list list at domain.com, but run Mailman on my own
> servers. Presumeably I need to get fetchmail to retrieve the email via
> POP and pass it onto Mailman, but how to configure this? Is this
> possible NOT to run any MTA on my own server?

A couple of months back someone on IRC reported success doing
this using getmail's mda_external feature to inject the mail
directly into the Mailman mail wrappers.

I think it would be a lot less hassle (and fewer chances for
misconfiguration) to just run a minimal installation of the
mail server of your choice to handle incoming mail for Mailman.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/