[Mailman-Users] help!!!

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Jan 10 10:28:04 CET 2005

At 4:12 PM +0000 2005-01-09, <info at gold-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

>  I sent out one newsletter, and for some reason it sent it out 4
>  times including some BT emails 5 times.

	This is almost certainly a problem with the MTA (Mail Transfer
Agent, e.g., sendmail, postfix, exim, etc...) on the machine, and not
the fault of Mailman.  It's also unlikely to be the fault of sendmail
or postfix -- I have never heard of a single example of a duplicate
mailing that has been correctly attributed to them within the past
five or ten years.

	You should find out what MTA you have on your server, then take
your questions to a mailing list or newsgroup that is appropriate to
that software.

>  I got emails in the list how can i just get it to send once from one
>  email address???

	I don't understant the question.  Can you elaborate?

>  How can i add a reply function so people can unsubscribe

	Unless you turned off the "List-*" headers, in every message that
goes through Mailman, you should see something like this:

	<mailto:mailman-users-request at python.org?subject=subscribe>

	If people click on the appropriate unsubscribe link, or if their
MUA properly interprets the headers and gives them an "unsubscribe"
button, then that should do everything that is required.  Otherwise,
it's up to them to follow the instructions.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755