[Mailman-Users] Identical list names on milti-virtual-domains host

Yassen Damyanov yd at media-c.de
Mon Jan 10 09:42:07 CET 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 19:48, Todd wrote:

> I submitted some questions to
> the folks at cPanel asking for the modifications and it took a long
> while before I finally got a link where the changes were posted:
>
>     http://koston.org/mailman-patches/
>
> I don't know how current the patch there is, it says it's for 2.1.3,
> though I know from working with some people that have cPanel installed
> on their servers that cPanel has mailman 2.1.5 included at this point.

Thanks a lot, Todd!

I tried that patch against 2.1.5. It was relatively easy to apply -- all
lines a subject to change are exactly the same as in 2.1.3 (which does not
mean that the patch is correct against 2.1.5).

Unfortunately, it didn't work. No change in the behavior in case of
identical list names for different domains. Thus I am in a big trouble:
I was told mailman supports virtual domains so without a second thought
I migrated tens of domains to a machine running postfix 2.1 / apache2 /
mailman 2.1.5. Several mailing lists have the same name and differ only
by domain. Really bad ...

(BTW, this patch seems not very serious: there are about 5 lines or so
changed, excluding the crontab files and  the configuration changes.)

If anyone has any futher idea on this subject -- it will be very much
appreciated.

Yassen

--

Yassen Damyanov