[Mailman-Users] problems with private list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jan 8 19:41:20 CET 2005

Cathy Cramer <wrote:

>I've hosted a private list on MajorDomo for about 5 years. Recently I
>moved to a server that only has MailMan 2.1.5. I am having problems
>restricting non-member posts. I set "Action to take for postings from
>non-members for which no explicit action is defined." to Discard, but
>spam messages have been distributed to the list. Are there other
>configurations that need to be specified in order to prevent this?

What if anything do you have in the *_these_nonmembers settings. A
"loose" pattern in accept_these_nonmembers could let anything through.

It's hard to say what the problem might be without seeing the full
headers from the spam messages that get through.

>Also, the list I host does not allow attachments. How do I restrict all
>attachments?

See for example

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg28726.html

and the two posts at