[Mailman-Users] Migrating from one server to another

Adam Cripps kabads at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:03:35 CET 2005

We are in the process of migrating our old mailman server to another
piece of hardware. Currently the new hardware is a Suse server running
sendmail, with a mailman package installed (I'm not sure which
version). The old server is running Mailman 2.1.4. The Suse server has
apache installed and working sucessfully along with sendmail sending
and receiving mail. The next step is Mailman.

What is the best plan of action for migrating the existing lists from
one server to another? Would it be to copy over the files which
control each list in to the software that is already installed on the
Suse server? Or alternatively, would it be better to copy across the
software lock, stock and barrel?

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

TIA
Adam
--
GPG key: 7111B833