[Mailman-Users] smtp-failure log: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Alan Silcott asilcott at nksd.wednet.edu
Thu Jan 6 17:18:18 CET 2005

I am getting the following error in my smtp-failure log:

Jan 06 08:00:25 2005 (9754) delivery to "alan silcott" at nksd.wednet.edu
failed with code 450: <Alan Silcott at nksd.wednet.edu>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

The reason is I sent a subscribe email to the list with a header like: "Alan
Silcott, Network Admin" <1234 at hotmail.com>.  This format normally works
to subscribe the user and associate a name, but the comma in the title
throws things off.

Anyway, I have been getting this error message for a couple days now and I
am wondering if it will eventually go away, or if I can tell mailman to stop
trying to send to that address.

Thanks,

Alan