[Mailman-Users] can't admin 'mailman' list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 4 19:36:43 CET 2005

Eric Seppanen wrote:

>but for some reason, I can't reach the admin page for the 'mailman'
>list-- it simply redirects me back to /mailman/listinfo.
>
>So I'm getting daily reminders that I can't stop, because the web admin
>interface doesn't appear to allow access to the special 'mailman' list.
>How can I fix this?

I'm going to make a FAQ for this.

The problem is you have a redirect in your web server that is too
agressive. You may have something like

in your httpd.conf. This should be anchored as in

In the mean time, you can get to the admindb pages for the mailman list
by appending /x (or /anything) to the url as in

http://www.example.com/mailman/admindb/mailman/x