[Mailman-Users] Cell Phones...

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon Jan 3 07:52:38 CET 2005

On Jan 3, 2005, at 14:45, zzizzle at zzizzle.com wrote:

> I tried testing it, and for some reason, on the cell, the return email
> always includes the "bounce" address as the return email.  Whereas for
> messages arriving to standard email, the return email is the regular
> list email address.  Anyone have any ideas why this might be?  Or
> experience using the list with cell address?

It sounds like a broken email client in your phone (or provider
gateway) that is preferring the Sender/Return path to the From: (or
Reply-To) header.  There are a few desktop email clients that suffer
the same affliction.

My JRC AJ-51 works as expected, and my Nokia 6630 mostly does (it
doesn't honor Reply-To: nor notice the RFC2369 headers, or more likely,
the provider that phone is on doesn't send those headers on its
network).

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/