[Mailman-Users] How to transfer Majordomo archive to mailman

Martin Mewes mm at mewes.tv
Mon Feb 28 22:51:33 CET 2005

Hi,

trishan de Lanerolle <trishanbox at gmail.com> wrote :
[...]
> majordomo. We configured it and set it up on new server. My question
> is are there instructions or scripts available to transfer majordomo
> archives and subscription lists over to mailman.

When I did the move from majordomo to mailman I did it manually for each
list (10).

a) Send a message to the old majordomo-list that during the next minutes
the mailinglist-software will change and posts to the llist will bounce
between ... and ... aprox.

b) Stop majordomo (delete the /etc/aliases-entry)

c) Set up and configure the new mailinglist in mailman,
edit /etc/aliases but set a # in front of the aliases for now.

c) Mass subscribe the majordomo-members in mailman with notifiers to the
people.

d) Copy the mbox of the majordomo-list to the correct place of the
mailman-mbox

e) Rebuilt the HTML-Archive with "arch"
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp
More help is available with arch --help on the commandline.

f) Edit the /etc/aliases and take away the # infront of the
mailman-aliases.

g) Send a post to the new mailman-list.

Done ...

bis dahin/kind regards

Martin Mewes

--
Sorry to have missed you but I am at the doctors having my brain
removed so that I may be promoted to management