[Mailman-Users] howto ignore body of join/subscribe requests

Yinen Yang yinenyang at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:31:02 CET 2005

Hi, I have recently installed mailman and have it all working except for
this one small problem. I use a web-based Form to get user information on my
website. When the form is submitted a copy of all the input goes to my email
address and I also have a copy going to list-subscribe at mailman. This
automates the joining of my list.

The problem is that my web form sends text in the body of the email. Mailman
is accepting the subscribe request like it should, but then it attempts to
read the rest of the email as commands. Since the email isn't filled with
commands it bounces the "failed" commands back to the subscriber. This means
the automation process generates an ugly email of "failed" commands each
time somebody joins my list.

Is there a way to make Mailman not try to read the body of a subscribe/join
request as more commands?

Thanks for any info.

Matt

matt at sputnix.net