[Mailman-Users] Mailman error was emailed to user mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 25 04:22:34 CET 2005

Terry Allen wrote:

>	Just wondered if someone can look at the following for me.
>	Mailman sent the following traceback:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 87, in main
>     mlist.Save()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 525, in Save
>     self.__save(dict)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 497, in __save
>     os.unlink(fname_last)
>OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
>'/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck.last'

This error is occurring when Mailman is trying the save the current
configuration for the mailman list. It has saved it to a temp name and
now is trying to rotate the files - i.e. remove config.pck.last, and
rename config.pck to config.pck.last and the temp name to config.pck,
but its attempt to unlink config.pck.last results in the above.

See
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041634.html
and the reply at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/041646.html