[Mailman-Users] List name not displaying in Mailmanarchives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 24 06:12:00 CET 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

>At 11:03 AM -0600 2005-02-22, Carol Cronin wrote:
>
>>  When I view threads in our Mailman archives, I cannot see exactly which list
>>  the mail was sent to.  I have nested lists, and the mail may appear in both
>>  archives.  I need to see exactly which email address was used in the thread
>>  when I view the archives.
>
>	Nested lists?  I'm not quite sure what you mean by that,

I think the OP means something like an umbrella list and wants to know
when a message is in the archive for a sub-list, was the original post
addressed to the sub-list or to the umbrella list.

>but the
>only way I know of to see all of the original headers for the message
>is to go to the archives and look in the unformatted 7th edition
>mbox-format raw file, and take a look at them there.  Not all lists
>make that available to their readers, and not all server admins make
>that option available to their list administrators.

I agree with the above.

Of course, if all the lists involved have archives, you can deduce to
which list a post was addressed by seeing which archives it is and
isn't in, but this is probably more cumbersome than you want.