[Mailman-Users] Removing Mailman Footers

Tom Haddon thaddon at equilar.com
Tue Feb 22 23:55:04 CET 2005

This is follow up to a post from back in August 2004 that I saw on the archives.

I'm trying to remove _all_ footers from a specific list in Mailman 2.1.5. I've removed the custom footer for the mailing list but since it's an html message it's appending a text file (which is empty).

I looked at this thread <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-August/038633.html>  (as well as a bunch of other web searching, and the Mailman FAQ) and couldn't see the way to do it - all my messages come in with an empty text attachment. I'm comfortable with editing python if need be. I tried the steps described here (returning an empty value from the class HTMLFormatter, def GetMailmanFooter, but this didn't work for me. Can anyone point me in the direction of the part of mailman that adds that text footer attachment to HTML messages so I can tweak it as appropriate?

Thanks, Tom

---------------------------------------

Tom Haddon
Equilar, Inc.
1710 South Amphlett Boulevard
Suite 312
San Mateo, CA 94402
650-286-4528 (phone)
650-286-4513 (fax)
thaddon at equilar.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Equilar, Inc. and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 650-286-4512.  Internet and e-mail communications are Equilar's property and Equilar reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.