[Mailman-Users] Mailman / OS X server

Terry Allen hmag at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 22 21:28:57 CET 2005

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone happen to know if there's what amounts to an Idiot's Guide to
>getting mailman running on the OS X server? I understand from reading this
>list that Apple modified mailman, so I assume even when I see similar
>problems here the solutions might be different.
>
>I'm an old techie, but tech work isn't my primary job anymore. I'm just
>trying to get a small web server and mail list software running for my
>academic dept. I haven't been able to find an OS X server equivalent of this
>list and . . . well . . . I just can't get the mail lists to work.
>
>TIA,
>Tery

Hi again,
	I wrote an 'idiots' guide following my installation on OSX -
I did forward it to Barry Warsaw to see if it could be housed
somewhere on the Mailman site, but he instead asked for a
modification which will apparently be included in edited form within
the Mailman docs.
	I still have unedited version specifically for OSX (it was
the 'client' version but that shouldn't make much difference), if
you'd like it.
	I think it would be a great idea to have some of these types
of guides available on the Mailman site in a specific area called
'walkthrough' or something similar, once they've been checked by
someone knowledgeable. At least they'd be in a central location. At
the moment it's very hit & miss to find something specific for your
own platform.
	Thoughts on the Mailman site section would be interesting if
you would like to post to this list - I think this is a good idea.
--

	Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
	hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd,	Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
	WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: hmag at ozemail.com.au
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400