[Mailman-Users] Is it possible to add the Description field on thelist create web interface?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 22 19:42:06 CET 2005

Brian Ensor wrote:

>We have an issue with lists being created and having to rely on the
>list admins to input a list description.  We would like to have the
>list creator be able to input the list name and description when using
>the web interface.  Is there a way to modify this
>'http://<yourserver>/mailman/create' page to include this at the time
>of creation?

Not without modifying the Mailman/Cgi/create.py module which produces
and processes the page.

The alternative is for the list creator to go immediately to the list
admin pages and set real_name and description. Granted, this is not as
convenient as having it on the create page and is not "enforceable",
but it's the best you can do without hacking create.py.