[Mailman-Users] Multipart messages and list footer

Joakim Nömell joakim at nomell.se
Mon Feb 21 21:06:53 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 5:52 PM +0100 2005-02-21, Joakim Nömell wrote:
>
> >  When posting to a list in plain text, the list footer is attached to the
> >  end of the message body. But, as soon as the message posted to the list is
> >  in multipart/alternative or multipart/mixed, the list footer is attached
> >  as a file. I tried to filter these messages to get mailman through the
> >  attachments away but some messages have the multipart/mixed header but no
> >  boundary strings in the body so mailman filters the whole message away.
> >
> >  Are there any solutions for this problem?
>
> 	No, at least not yet.  See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

OK, it helped to activate filters and let Mailman convert HTML to text.
But those few mails that have a multipart/mixed header but no
boundarystrings in the messagebody will still go to my lists with
listfooters as attachemnts. But on the other hand, that happend with a
Pine 4.62 and was sovled by checking
[X]  downgrade-multipart-to-text
Have no clue why Pine sends multipart/mixed headers without a multipart
messagebody..

Thanks for your help. If Majordom o is ...., mailman is heaven =)

Joakim Nomell     Phn: +46 70 771 31 00      MSN : joakim at nomell.nu
Unix engineer     Fax: +46 70 711 31 00      Web : http://nomell.se