[Mailman-Users] Archives not updated with posted list messages[reprise]

Jeffery Cann jccann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:36:23 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:00:23 -0800, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Two things you could look at are Mailman's 'error' log and
> bin/check-perms

I did check the error log and sure enough it's a permissions problem:

Uncaught runner exception: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/clue-announce.mbox/clue-announce.mbox'

So, I was losing messages.  I didn't think that I was previously
because the one list I was testing did have the correct permissions
and so archiving was working correctly.

I can ask users to send me a copy of an mbox for the lists that were
not archiving.  I'm wondering if there is another way to retrieve them
from mailman.  I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask...

In any case, thanks a lot Mark!
Jeff