[Mailman-Users] Need to Store Message IDs in PostgreSQL DB

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Sun Feb 20 12:50:19 CET 2005

For each message sent to a Mailman mailing list, I want to put a
corresponding entry into an PostgreSQL table with the following columns:

subs     - mailing list name
msgid    - message ID
postordr - a number for determining the order in which messages were
           posted (per mailing list would be sufficient)

What would be a clean way to achieve that?

Side conditions:

* Mailman should not be patched.  We're running a Debian system, and in
  case of e.g. a security problem in Mailman, we want to be able to
  simply apt-get to a bug-fixed version.

* Preferably, the database table should be updated every time a message
  is posted.

--
Felix E. Klee