[Mailman-Users] problems with subscribers receiving my emails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 19 03:50:32 CET 2005

CHRISTOPHER GOODWIN wrote:

>Hi. First off, thanks for creating the program for sending out emails. Lately I'm having a problem, though. I estimate that about 75% of the people on my list (I have just over 800 email addresses) do not get the emails, and I have no idea why.
>
>Could you give me any direction here? And please be aware that I am not tech savvy.

There is a FAQ article at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.042.htp
that may help.

Other than that, you have to look at Mailman's 'post', 'smtp' and
'smtp-failure' logs to determine that all the posts are being
delivered from Mailman to the outgoing SMTP server, and then you have
to look in it's logs to see if all the mail is getting out from there.
You may need help with this from your site or hosting service
personnel.