[Mailman-Users] mailman upgrade -> bug

Olivier Nibart olivier at naya-tec.com
Fri Feb 18 11:46:16 CET 2005

Hi,

I've sent a mail to the package maintener 3 days ago, with no answer for
the moment.
As Brad said, they mis-applied the patch.
Ax the system saiys, the problem comes from the SLASH variable that is
not set :

admin(20327):     parts = [x for x in path.split(SLASH) if x not in
('.', '..')]admin(20327): NameError: global name 'SLASH' is not defined

To correct it, do as follows :

- edit the file /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/private.py and replace
(SLASH) by ('/')
You should now see :
[..]
# Set up i18n.  Until we know which list is being requested, we use the
# server's default.
_ = i18n._
i18n.set_language(mm_cfg.DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE)

def true_path(path):
    "Ensure that the path is safe by removing .."
    parts = [x for x in path.split('/') if x not in ('.', '..')]
    return '/'.join(parts)[1:]
[..]

- run dpkg-reconfigure mailman : this will force python to 'recompile'
the file (there is probably a more elegant way to do it, but this one
works).

That should do the trick.

Note that re-applying the patch should not work because the private.py
had already been modified. It's only a guess.

--
olivier
--=ooOoo=--