[Mailman-Users] Upgrade from Fedora 2 to 3 no longer see lsits

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Feb 17 22:55:42 CET 2005

At 11:20 AM -0800 2005-02-15, scot condry wrote:

>  Hello.  I recently upgraded from Fedora 2 to Fedora 3 (upgrade, not
>  a fresh install).  Everything is working OK except when I go to my
>  mailman web page it says there are not lists configured.  They are
>  not working as well (as in if you send an email to the list it is
>  nto being delivered).  Can anyoen help me migrate my lists?

	When you did the upgrade, it probably wiped out your apache
configuration file, as well as all the stuff that had been done to
your MTA configuration to enable the mailing lists.

	If you've got a backup, you may be able to restore the affected
files.  If not, you're going to have a fair amount of work ahead of
you to re-create these files.

	Moral of the story: Don't blindly apply any upgrade from anyone,
anywhere.  Make sure you have a good backup before you apply any
upgrade, and make sure you know what the upgrade is going to do.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755