[Mailman-Users] Installation:

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Feb 17 22:25:55 CET 2005

At 11:41 AM -1000 2005-02-09, Michael North wrote:

>  Is there someone who could, for a fee, install it on our commercial server,
>  now located at http://www.aplus.net? (we have what's called an ePro account
>  there)

	You should first contact your hosting provider, to see if they
provide such services.

>  We don't have our own dedicated machine, nor Python installed on this
>  machine. We do have PHP4 and MySQL and SendMail and a variety of other
>  things. It's a Windoze box. We have shell access to the Web server, but not
>  actual root access to the machine at the OS level.

	I'm not 100% certain that Mailman is capable of running on a
Windoze box.  At the very least, you'd have to have Python installed,
and you'd have to install the Mailman software, and you'd need to
have some administrative access to the server so that you can
configure the necessary permissions/ownership/ACLs, etc....

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755