[Mailman-Users] bug in Mailman when accessing Private Archives

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:03:09 CET 2005

--On February 16, 2005 6:32:57 PM -0500 John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
wrote:

> leading white space in python is significant

To which I reply:

As a completely off-topic question:

What the heck were they thinking when the designers of Python chose "amount
of leading white space" to indicate block structure?  It seems absolutely
guaranteed to cause problems such as this.

(Feel free to respond off-list.  I'm sincerely curious about this -- ever
since I started looking at Python, this has bugged me.)

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779